Thursday, January 1, 2009

Last day of '08 and first of '09

Here are some random pictures of the last day of 2008 and the first day of 2009.



Wrestling boys, next to a long-suffering dog.




Working on the take-down.




Isaiah gets the upper hand, next to the dog, again.





Miriam and Maia (the baby doll) all set-up for a reading session on the couch.





Isaiah kicking back on the kids lofty reading area. (in a space above our pantry, oven and broom closet - between the kitchen and living room, for those who haven't been to our house and seen it)




Our crazy, cute girl. It was actually pretty dark in the room - being a very stormy and windy day - and she was having fun shining her flashlight around, especially on the dog for some reason.




Miriam's webkinz all lined up on the edge of the reading area. I just thought this was so cute I had to include it.




Miriam on the reading area, about to climb down the white post. (I actually have pictures of her doing that from another day, perhaps I will post some tomorrow.)


Our New Year's day was relaxing and uneventful, other then the roaring wind and rain outside all day long. I was thankful to be feeling better today as I was quite ill yesterday. One important thing we did today was to start our 'reading the Bible in a year' as a family. I am very excited that we are doing this.


In addition, I have decided to follow a plan to read the entire Bible in 90 days. I have started a second blog to record thoughts and experiences related to my Bible reading. You can view that blog here: http://readingthruthebible.blogspot.com/ if you are interested.


May the Lord richly bless you as we embark on this new year!


Bring on 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment