Thursday, July 30, 2009

Miriam's Gymnastics

This last month Miriam participated in a 3-week long gymnastics camp here in Kodiak. She had a blast and her skills really improved over the 3 weeks of the camp, it was very fun to watch her! As a bonus, for me, I got to visit with my new friend who's kids were also in the camp. It was great to get to know her better as the camp went along, though we did get in trouble with Miriam one day because I was so busy visiting I forgot to watch a lot of her class! Bad Mommy! (-:

Here she is...the little gymnast.

Tumbling...


Balancing...


Climbing, oh my!

Miriam's turn to hold the rope.


On the bar.


Climbing the cargo net.


Working the floor.


Check out that cartwheel!

Miriam's cartwheel improved so much by the end of the camp, it was really wonderful to see. The teacher said she will do a fall gymnastics camp if she can find a facility to use, we are really hoping that works out! In the meantime we are going to make her some mats to use here at home. (-:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, my first thought is "that is so perfect for Miriam"!!! Glad she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete